Defender™ walkways for safe, maintenance-free roof access
Maintenance-free, always ready for use and built to last, Defender™ walkways are the simple and safe way to access roofs and plant.
Compliance with Australian Standards and state law
So you can be sure your people are protected and your liability is minimised, Defender™ walkways comply with AS 1657-2013: Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders – Design, construction and installation.
In fact, walkways are preferred by state workplace safety authorities over most other types of fall prevention, like roof anchors, static lines and harnesses. Read more about how walkways fit into the hierarchy of controls.
Walkways built to last
Defender™ walkway and guardrail systems are engineered for structural soundness and to preserve your roof’s waterproofing.
- Patented track-mounted system reduces site time by 60 per cent
- Advanced, multi-directional non slip surface
- AS 1657 compliant
- Independently certified to the Australian National Construction Code by the CodeMark™ Building Certification program
- No Leaks: Installed with self-sealing-bulb fixing rivets, eliminating roof leaks
- Defender™ walkway and guardrail systems are warehoused in kit form to suit all the popular roof profiles, ensuring short lead times for your installation.
- The walkway’s structure is made from non-corrosive aluminium and 316 stainless steel. All steel components are hot dipped galvanised.
Walkways for steel deck and brown-built roofs
No matter what your roof type, there’s a Defender™ walkway to suit.
Fibreglass reinforced plastic (FRP) walkways
Access rooftop plant and equipment the simple, safe way with Defender fibreglass reinforced plastic (FRP) walkway systems.
- Durable, non-slip surface
- Non-sparking and non-conductive material
- Food industry approved
- Easy-to-see yellow
No asbestos dust, no disruption
The support structures sit in the ‘super 6’ asbestos profile, with existing penetrations used for fastenings, rather than drilling extra holes into the asbestos. Air is monitored during the entire process to ensure asbestos fibres are not disturbed during installation.
Walkways for inclines
Defender™ walkways are easily installed on roofs with steep inclines, creating a safe path for employees and contractors to travel. If the pitch of the roof exceeds 7°, walkways are levelled in accordance with AS 1657.
Walkways for all weather
Defender™ walkways have been independently tested to meet the requirements of AS 4586 – 2013 Slip resistance classification of new pedestrian surface materials and have been to classified to meet the R10 slip resistance rating.