Defender™ staircases for access to roofs and plant
Talk to Workplace Access & Safety about a Defender™ staircase for your site – undoubtedly the safest form of access to a raised area. Users can carry equipment safely and comfortably – even without a particularly high level of skill or fitness.
Defender™ staircases can be built internally or externally at gradients of between 26.5 and 45 degrees. Workplace Access & Safety can also assist with solutions for other gradients: cleated walkways for less than 26.5 degrees and ladders for gradients of more than 45 degrees.
Defender™ staircases are:
- Strong, reliable and built to last
- CodeMark™ approved to comply with Australia’s National Construction Code
- StandardsMark™ approved to comply with AS 1657:2013
- Custom built to meet your sites requirements
- Extraordinarily cost-effective
- Tested for slip resistance in a NATA™-accredited fall prevention laboratory
- Installed by certified Defender™ installers
Quick delivery, minimal disruption
For rapid delivery, Defender™ staircases are stocked in in our warehouse in component form. One measure and your Defender™ staircases are manufactured off-site to suit mezzanines, rooftops and any other change in level. No welding or grinding is needed on-site so your Defender™ staircase can be installed with minimal disruption.
Defender™ staircases are designed and tested for optimal performance
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
- Designed for a dead load of the structure plus a superimposed loading of not less than 2.5kpa uniformly distributed
- Treads are designed for a distributed load of not less than 2.2kN per lineal metre of staircase width or a concentrated loading of 1kN, whichever loading produces the more adverse effect
- Read more in the Defender staircase specification guide in the Downloads section
To make the stairs safe and comfortable to use, Workplace Access & Safety matches them with guardrails to suit your building and operations. And, so they’re tailored perfectly to your site, Defender™ staircases are stored in our warehouse in component form so that your new stairs can be installed quickly.
Contact Workplace Access & Safety for a risk assessment and audit of your staircases.
To find out more about staircases and OHS compliance, speak with a Workplace Access & Safety fall prevention specialist.