Landings & platforms, the safe choice for plant access
Landings & platforms are the simple and safe way to access mechanical plant.
Compliance with Australian Standards and state law
So you can be sure your people are protected and your liability is minimised, landings & platforms must comply with AS 1657-2013: Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders – Design, construction and installation. Platforms are always preferable to working from ladders. Workplace Access & Safety can incorporate roof anchors and static lines to the systems design. Read more about how platforms fit into the hierarchy of controls.
Platforms built to last
Platforms and guardrail systems can be manufactured from corrosion resistant aluminium or steel and are engineered for structural soundness.
- CodeMark™ approved to comply with Australia’s National Construction Code
- R10 slip resistance – Independently tested in a NATA™ laboratory to meet the outdoor walkway slip-rating of R10 on a wet oil ramp test
- All installations should be conducted by technicians with specialised training.
- Platform, ladder and guardrail systems are fabricated to suit your site from standard systems ensuring short lead times for your installation.
- Made from non-corrosive aluminium or steel. Any steel components are hot-dipped galvanised or finished to your requirements.
The complete, customised solution
The complete solution: platforms are matched with guardrails, walkways, fixed ladders, intermediate platforms, lockable gates, access hatches, stabilizing brackets and much more to create a system that is safe, compliant and will assist the way your people work
Platforms for asbestos roofs
No matter what your roof type, there’s a platform to suit. Workplace Access & Safety consultants can ensure design solutions for platforms onto asbestos roofs for safe access to mechanical plant.
Platforms for cooling towers
Cooling tower access can be made simple too. Your Workplace Access & Safety consultant can provide platforms custom-built designed for standard extrusions incorporating fixed ladder access for safe access.