Defender™ rung and step ladders for access to roofs and plant
Ladders go beyond the simple rung ladder at Workplace Access & Safety with ladders of all types of internal and external fixed accessed ladders, including rung, step and attic ladders. Defender™ ladders are safe and easy to use.
- Sturdy and durable
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Corrosion resistant
- Fabricated and installed to Australian standards
- ISO 9001 StandardsMark™ Quality Certified
- CodeMark™ approved to comply with Australia’s National Construction Code
- R10 slip resistance – steps are independently tested in a NATA™-accredited laboratory to meet the outdoor walkway slip rating of R10 on a wet oil ramp test
- Fully compliant to Australian Standard AS 1657 or AS/NZS 1892.3:1996
- Fully compliant with OHS legislation
- Ergonomically designed for ease of movement and safety
- Treads, including the distance from the bottom tread to the landing, are equally spaced for sure footing and reduced risk of falls
- Strong, reliable, and built to last
- Never spliced and weld-free for less flex
- Custom built to meet your site requirements
- Treads are shaped to maximize foothold as proved in ergonomic research*
*Caple, D, 2012 report
Defender™ ladders are custom built to suit your workplace and among the common accessories are retractable safety rails and spring-loaded castors for easy relocation.
To find out more about fixed access ladders, and OHS compliance, speak with a Workplace Access & Safety height specialist. To make ladders safe and comfortable to use, Workplace Access & Safety matches them with ladder stabilising brackets, guardrails, handgrabs, lockable gates and access hatches to suit your building and operations.
Defender™ ladders are independently certified by SAI Global to comply with AS 1657, manufactured and tested in a NATA (National Association of Testing Authorities) accredited facility. They are designed and independently certified to fully meet the requirements of Australia’s National Construction Code, ensuring you’re on the right side of compliance.
Already have ladders on your site? Book a ladder inspection with Workplace Access & Safety today to ensure your workers and site contractors ladders are safe. Our height safety experts will perform a 36-point check which will identify risks and produce a plain English report setting out and prioritising what needs to be done to make your ladders safe and compliant.