Defender™ access hatches for roofs and ceilings
The Defender™ differences add up to remarkably robust access hatches that are easier and safer to use. But don’t just take our word for it: Defender™ brings the assurance of independently certified safety.
Easy to open single-handedly, maintenance-free and secure, each Defender™ roof access hatch boasts:
- Easy open ‘one hand’ mechanism for users on a ladder
- Single-handed locking system
- Sliding hatches are ergonomically easier to open and close than hinged hatches – even those assisted with struts. Wheels on the runners can be adjusted to suit variable roof pitches
- Locks easily incorporated into existing alarm systems and keying
- Robust and trafficable insulated zinc/aluminium coated steel outer lid
- Sliding hatches that won’t slam shut in the wind eliminate maintenance associated with gas struts
- Standard sizes in stock for rapid delivery
- Custom design for special needs
- Designed to ensure full compliance with Australian Standards, OHS legislation & State regulations.
Hatches are installed by Workplace Access & Safety’s registered plumbers to ensure they are watertight.
Match with hand grabs for safety
Hand grabs incorporated into guardrails around a hatch not only make it easier to move between the hatch and the roof but safer too – all while providing a barrier to prevent falls into the void of an open hatch. Defender ™ hand grabrails and guardrails are independently certified to Australian Standard AS 1657 by SAI Global™ and/or equivalent JAS-ANZ accredited certification body.
A design certificate is issued guaranteeing the system meets the requirements of the Code of Practice (Safe Design of Structures 2012).
7 year warranty
Defender™ roof hatches are incredibly tough. So tough, we back them with a 7-year on-site metropolitan warranty.
Quick delivery, minimal disruption
For rapid delivery, Defender™ access hatches are stocked in our warehouse in kit form to suit all standard roof and platform profiles. Your Defender™ access hatches can be installed with minimal disruption.